Fairest 4

Leaving all her problems behind, Meredith starts a new chapter in her life after moving to Boston and gaining the confidence to leave her mother with words that put limits to their relationship. Moreover, the 4th part of the story talks about Meredith’s life at Harvard. It discusses her relationships sexually and socially in the new setting she lived in now. Meredith took this section of the book to share her experience and adventures she lived in the new school like being lonely and building new relationships, another new experience that Meredith lived was sexual contact with multiple individuals, falling in and out of love.

In reading this part I wonder can new experience and adventures make us forget our past and problems?

2 thoughts on “Fairest 4

1. Christopher Huerta

Hi Zeinab, I agree that the ending of the book engages the reader to consider all of the accomplishments as a product of Talusan’s past experiences in the book. However, I feel as though she would have been able to get to that point in her life if she had just ‘forgotten’ her problems like you’re suggesting. Referring to my last blog post, I mentioned that Talusan had felt compelled to incorporate her past into her transition to a woman, which was not done by leaving her issues behind, rather, by accepting the reality she was living in, and improving on it. I understand that we may have problems in our lives we would want to forget, as if they’ve never happened, but one should remember that life isn’t what it is without its ups and downs, regardless of what issues had occurred. That aside, thank you for sharing your thoughts, and I hope this book has inspired you in ways it has for me.